em⋅is⋅sar⋅y [em–uh-ser-ee] –noun
|1.||a representative sent on a mission or errand: emissaries to negotiate a peace.|
|2.||an agent sent on a mission of a secret or sensitive nature.|
Consular Emissaries are private citizens and not employed by any government. We are the quiet hand of honorary consuls when trusted, in-person intervention is beneficial.
Emissaries have completed missions of various kinds, all over the world.
Sensitive Document Retrieval or Delivery, in particular in capitol cities
Advance Teams and Consular Staff for Visiting Dignitaries and Heads of State
VIP Hosting and Interaction
Esprit de Corps among like-minded consular emissaries of all walks of life, from every corner of the earth
Formal recognition and system of seniority amongst the Order of Consular Emissaries
Gala events with diplomatic and consular corps everywhere
Listing in the directory of the Order of Consular Emissaries at www.consul.cc
Compensation and Opportunities
- Emissaries have the opportunity to sponsor involvement of government officials when the represented government has no budget to do so.
- Emissaries are often paid nominal fees for tasks performed, when the mission assigned permits. Pro bono work (without charge) is also a big part of emissary work, as consular emissaries first and foremost support the consuls they serve, and his or her constituents, regardless of ability to pay.
Emissary ranks include former government officials, attorneys, Rotarians and others with an interest in international good will.
Becoming a Consular Emissary is an inexpensive, multi-step process.
- Join the Consular Chamber of Commerce for free, at www.consul.cc. This will provide you with your own login page.
- Confirm your identity by requesting confirmation from any verified member consul, and presenting your passport and a color copy of it to that consul. You can search for verified member consuls at www.consul.cc
- Join the Order of Consular Emissaries free (optional, to publish your participation). This is also done from your login page at www.consul.cc. Order or Consular Emissaries membership is free.
- Request bestowal of Emissary Status from all any single consul or from all verified member consuls. This can be done directly from your login page at www.consul.cc. If you know a verified member consul who will confirm your bestowal, direct your request to that person through the consul.cc system. The confirmation of your bestowed title can only be done via the consul.cc interface.
- Receive bestowal from a verified consul member of the Chamber.
- Solicit additional endorsements by additional verified member consuls. The more endorsements you have, the more credibility you will have with international business.